"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, May 15, 2009

Any minute now...


Summer is about to blast off here in lalaland. And I am ready! I hit TJMaxx yesterday for some little things to fill in the gaps in my wardrobe, and cleaned up the backyard after major mowing and weeding. My plans include two pre-summer blockbusters this weekend, Angels and Demons tonight, and Star Trek on Sunday. Will have to wait till July for Harry Potter, and thinking IMax again, for the 3D thing, would be superfun. Planning on not growing up very soon, as you may have perceived. My (very mature and ohsosensible) mother is shaking her head, again. Why would I ever want to see something as juvenile as Harry Potter? Of course, she runs the world from her perch on the end of her (afghan covered) couch, with her fat dachschund at her side and crochet hook in hand. Reruns of Las Vegas (and how mature is that, anyway) are the most avant garde experience of her week, and she would never read a Potter tome, ohnonono. I am going to be a different old lady from her. It's reactionary, for sure. Well, if you can't be a good example, you'll have to be a horrible warning. It's good to have some of those warnings around, to point me in the opposite direction.

No comments: