"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, May 14, 2009

From the sublime to the ridiculous, part deux...


In between bouts of wrestling a bucking lawnmower over the backyard savannah, I have been drinking copious amounts of water, while recording more of my vinyl into ITunes for future comsumption on the ubiquitous IPod, and noodling around with Photoshop, where I made this from an hommage to Cezanne I painted in my very first art class, design and composition. Lucky for me, the teacher was this delightful ditz who let us do copies of the masters for our final, and not yet another of those fretful design pieces that would tie my tiny mind in knots every time. This wasn't the final, I did Van Gogh for that (of course it was hella-difficult, because we were working in safe, non-toxic acryllics, and Van Gogh painted in those nasty oils, sometimes right out of the tube onto the canvas), but Cezanne was easier, because his hues were more subdued, and he never worried about things like horizon lines, which tended to jump around a lot. Anyhoo, I made this in class yesterday for wont of something to do after the lecture. I think it is rich, just love that green. And simple, after all the busyness I was into, plunking thing after thing into the frame. Less things, more content.

No comments: