"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If you ask me...


And even if you don't, I'm going to say what I think. I think it is interesting that some people think they know better how other people should act and think. Gee, most of the time I'm not even sure about how I should act and think, much less deciding for you. But here in California, the land of Birkenstocked tree-hugging liberals, we can't let our gay folk marry one another. I am ashamed of my fellows here in lalaland. It seems to be that, if you are different from me, then you must be wrong, because, if you're not, then it could be me that's wrong, and that doesn't work for me. Never has, never will. Sigh. Really, can't we all just get along? Finally? After two world wars, a whole bunch of little ones, lots of dead folks (some of them gay, get over it), lots of sad mommys and kids and even a few sad daddies, you would think we could look back and see that our enemies are our future allies (Germany, Japan, remember them?). And gay folks are just another brand of human, with all the same things going on inside that I have going on: insecurities, worries, great loves, sweet thoughts, ugly thoughts, the whole gamut of humaness that is so precious and venal. So, people, get over yourselves, and realize you are one among many, and no one is wrong here!

No comments: