"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I think, therefore I create...


And now for something totally new and improved! Nifty filters let me render my photos in so many amazing ways. Here is a charcoal of my desktop, the real one, not the one on the monitor. Okay, it was a seriously cleaned-up version of my desktop, all spiffed up for its closeup. Most of these little compositions suggested themselves to me, often by the little objects in the pen tool (not enough of those suckers, not by a long shot). I looked at those scissors and paperclips and thought, aha! I add the text last, and find that the choice of font can really enhance a piece. I haven't gotten to the point where it makes the piece yet, still relying on images to do that, but I bet that could happen, too. Much, much easier to let an idea realize itself than to try to realize an idea. Maybe that's a clue for how to do my life? Like, let things reveal themselves instead of trying to make things happen? What a concept!

No comments: