"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's not easy being me, redux...


So, I was feeling blue and needy, and a friend told me about a dandy homeopathic mood elevator, so I spent $34 at the Community Market, the closest of that genre (watching my carbon footprint, you know). And actually, I walked there, having parked at the college down the street (getting the most of my $50 parking pass, and some needed exercise). I remarked once to my son that people in health food stores look remarkably unhealthy and he replied "Yeah, Mom, they look hungry", which I thought was wonderfully droll and funny, and true. At the checkout stand, the young stringy looking guy was just learning, and took a really long time, which was okay, I was, as usual, early for the meeting I was hoofing to just down that self-same street, and then, he didn't give me a bag, but no worry, I was wearing my cargo shorts, so the pills went into a convenient pocket. And then they fell out of that pocket during my AA meeting, not my most together moment. Having big bottles of pills at an AA meeting is not the best protocol. Whatever, I shrugged it off with an aside of "vitamins", so the newcomers didn't think I was half-measuring my sobriety. And after the meeting I schlepped on down to the college, but not until after three different people asked me if I needed a ride somewhere, yelling at me out of open car windows. I guess I could decide that I am well-loved, and don't look like I am limping or anything. Truly, usually when on foot, it means dire car problems. Happy to say not so this time. So here is a happy little composition that reflects the 60s, when pink and black were very soigne. Twiggy wore it, for sure.

No comments: