"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What I didn't learn...


I put everything except the kitchen sink into this little ditty. Oh, wait, I think it's in there, too! Haven't learned some stuff, like how to get photos to be just an object instead of a little square, like my face in this montage. And how to get more than one photo into a piece without doing a contact sheet (you would have to know Photoshop to understand that). And how to get the background one solid color instead of a gradient of colors (it looks that way in some of my compositions, but I hid the other color behind stuff). And why would I want to know this stuff, anyway? Interestingly enough, I learned a lot about composition putting little marks and objects into the frame. I think this is what my painting teacher was trying to tell me when we did thumbnail sketches of our paintings before committing to the canvas. So this was a really valuable class, in a lot of ways. And it has provided many hours of amusement, with my tongue between my teeth, seeing what happens when I do this, and what is this mess all about, anyway.

No comments: