"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Decisions, decisions...


I painted this pear to impress my color theory teacher. Everyone else was doing an orange on blue background, complimentary hues, you see. So I did a red pear on green, also complimentary, and I was the only one who thought to do something different, which was different for me, to buck the system, albeit in a tiny way. And my pear is fully fleshed-out, as you can see. When I selected it to be immortalized in one of my little compositions, I realized that it is very subtle, and none of the very colorful gradients supplied by Photoshop would suffice for its backdrop. And I was tired of black, having rendered recently several Dadaesque montages. Then I found this honey color, and gave it a nice little glow, and practiced some unaccustomed restraint in the number of little doodads I so love to spread about, and got this rather dandy little homage, starring my self-aggrandizing pear. Tell me you love it.

No comments: