"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, February 25, 2011

Not my best time, no not at all.


Somehow I have gotten all off track. Well, I was sick. Then Boo was sick. Then I was sick again. I didn't go to the gym. I missed some of my meetings, and even one of my community watercolor classes. Everything got all mixed up for me, and I began to feel crumby about myself again. Old tapes played, the shame-on-you, you're-a-big-phony, what's-the-use tapes. Funny how they are never far away. I got all ashamed that I couldn't seem to figure out how to thread the sewing machine. I know. These are not earth-moving problems. And, at the same time, they are MY problems. Happy to report that fear-of-sewing-machine is conquered, and several tasks thereof have been mastered. Also, got my butt and muffin-top to the gym today. Edie, 80-something gal, had missed me. SHE is still there. Felt so good I bought myself a lemon cream pie, which I ate for dinner and dessert. Not ALL of it, just two slices. And I pulled out this image of a Cezanne knockoff a la Seurat that I did in my very first art class, design and composition Art 3. It was a defining moment when the teacher, dear ditz that she was, acknowledged that I had some talent going on, after all. Felt really good, and I need to remember that today. Wounded and limping, but rising up again. Sometimes the best view is from beneath the problem.

2 comments:

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Big hug being sent your way! I think you're doing just great...you might fall off the horse for a moment but you get right back on!

kathiejones said...

You have such a great way of saying things I too have that shame I'm no good thibng lurking very close especailly when I am home visiting Mom Thanks Jonnie I always think I am the only one going tru all this life stuff