"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thurday in watercolor class...


I find watercolors to be really picky and prissy, for the most part. But I do work hard to make them my own. Today I did four different pages, two of them kind of just off the cuff, one, this one, in fact, I labored over a little, and one I just did because I like Wolf Kahn and it felt like an homage to that great guy. It is all okay. Nothing is to be ashamed of today. Perhaps I could be a little more patient, but I like the DOING, and want to keep at it. When I do a complicated piece like this one, I work from the bottom up, because then I will wait for it to dry before going on. And it helps to do more than one piece at a time, so I can alternate and avoid big runny messes. Hopefully. Love this class, and the teacher, and the other students, too, all old farts like me, just having a ball slopping paint around on paper.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I like your style..nothing worse than wishy washy diluted colors in watercolor..go bold I say..go bold!!!