"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, May 30, 2011

First drafts...


Part of my I-really-do-love-myself program is to buy myself flowers. A lot. And fortunately, Trader Joe's has these funky little bouquets for $3.99, so loving myself does not break the bank. Then I immortalize them with a painting or two. And photograph them for later use. I get a lot of mileage for $3.99. This particular little work gave me lots of new ideas. I was actually supposed to be loving myself by doing the laundry when I started it, and, as often happens when I am distracted, things got kind of fuzzy and out of hand. Well, that seems to be working kind of okay so far. Best thing to do is not to think, just keep applying pigment, get over myself in all kinds of ways. I see possibilities here I have not explored before in this medium. Very excited. And the laundry, well, it awaits.

No comments: