"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where is global warming when you need it?


This is supposed to be SPRING. Instead, it rains, every other day, and not a warm seasonal rain, but frigid north pole rain, that has even threatened snow on our mini-mountains. My birthday approaches. In my 67 years of existence, it has NEVER rained on my birthday. This may be the first time. Meanwhile, this is very inconvenient for my life here in the little yellow house without large closets. My fall/winter wardrobe traveled to the back closet in the studio weeks ago, when we had about two days of 70 degree weather. It is boxed up in canvas cubes, on a high shelf. The boots and heavy shoes are in the flat boxes under the bed, and the flip-flops and ballet flats are on the floor of the miniscule bedroom closet. I put on my anklet and polished my toenails, for heaven's sake! That should mean WARM weather. Someone needs to get with the program. It rained today. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. Okay, that means I do not have to mow the pseudo-lawn. There is always a blessing in the trial, you know. But I will also have to put socks on over my pedicure. I hate it when that happens. Probably no one but me ever has these problems.

No comments: