"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 27, 2005

All hail the local fishwrap...

New thing added to morning routine, which till this week included: rise, stretch, pat dog, stretch again, toodle into bathroom, pee, brush teeth, wash face, plug in curling iron, toodle into kitchen, grind beans, brew coffee, toodle back to bedroom, deodorize, dress, make bed (after kicking dog off of it), back to bathroom, curl hair, makeup, find glasses and check for raccoon eye, microwave muffin, pour coffee, toodle into office to write in blog. Whew! That's a lot, and that's just the first 15 minutes of my day. Now, I also have to read the newspaper, which I also had to subscribe to, so before I can sit down here to noodle around, I have to sojourn to the end of the driveway (and didn't it used to land on the porch?) to pick up our local paper. This is a requirement of Political Science, and while I can see his point, I am still a little frosted. Newspapers are often: old news, biased, and full of very bad news I really don't need to know, like the apartment fire that left 16 souls homeless last night, started by carelessly discarded cigarettes, or the Hollywood producer and 9 year old daughter who died in Lake County in very bizarre circumstances. And I am compelled to read the obituaries, because, after all, they are there, and I may know one of the dead people. And now I am not amused by Dr. Dean Edell's rendering of the day's comics, because I have already read them. Sheesh. Forget that I got a student discount. Once this four months has passed, this wrag is history!

No comments: