"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Into each life, let gratitude fall!

I have been feeling low, physically and emotionally. So it has been time to take care of myself. I do all the right things, and still feel lousy sometimes. It's the weather, I tell myself. Well, it could just be all those years I have piled up behind me, too. So, time to get really grateful. Getting grateful helps me to see what is good about my life, and leave all the little annoyances in the dust, where they belong. So here is a gratitude list for today: my washer and dryer, that let me keep everything sweet and clean, anytime I want; my Boo, last person I see at night, and first in the morning, and dear beyond belief; that wonderful motion-sensitive light on the side of the house that lights my path when I come home late in the evening; my amazing kids; all the bright and beautiful sober friends who are just a phone call away whenever I get especially crazed; my Ford puddle-jumper that zips me wherever I need to be whenever I need to be there; my Higher Power, that spirit that lives within and warms my heart when I get too cold, and helps me stay out of judgement of others, a dangerous (and favorite) place to go; cows, of course, source of (yum) ice cream and let's put it together for Dreyer's, who make a new slow-churned version with 1/2 the fat and 1/3 the calories. Now, there's something to jump up and down about. And I am grateful I still can jump up and down, and put on my jeans standing up, too. Life is good.

1 comment:

jen said...

I am a friend of your daughter's (who has a link to your blog). I have also been feeling a little down emotionally lately, and now I am going to make a list of things I am grateful for as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

jen