"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Coffee blues...

Now, coffee is my last addiction, since I gave up Diet Pepsi and Cool Whip, years ago. And I am a little picky about what coffee I will drink. I buy fresh-roasted beans at Costco, because it is still warm and smells incredible, plus, it is only $3 a pound. How could it get any better? Well, recently Costco didn't have any of my usual Sumatra, so I tried the Ethiopian, which was wonderful indeed, just different. And the next time, still no Sumatra. Now I was unhappy. And I bought the Columbian Supremo, which I like a lot, too, but it's just not the same. And I thought probably Costco knows I like the Sumatra and stopped making it just to pique me. Then I remembered; once upon a time I worked for a coffee importer. Coffee is grown in the southern hemisphere of our little blue ball, and the new harvest season begins in their summer, which is our winter. So Costco may have just run out of Sumatra beans, and I just have to be patient until the next harvest, and it will come back! Imagine that. This was not about me after all. What a relief!

No comments: