"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, August 08, 2005

Let's hear it for the crepe-hangers...

What is it with some people? One advised me that I didn't really have to put my parking sticker on my bumper, thus ruining my paint job, after I had already done so. Another told me, breathlessly, that the salad I had just consumed at my favorite quickie restaurant was treated with chemicals. And then there's my mother, the professional crepe-hanger, who will take any tiny opportunity to tell me how very foolish and stupid I was in any given situation I have the misfortune to tell her about, which is why I restrict my conversations with her to food and the weather. Of course, no one asked me if I wanted their opinion in the first place. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just said "do you want to hear what I think?" before inserting their foot in your mouth? Oh, it would be heaven. There are few people on earth that I have given that privilege. Well, there's one, and even then, she is judicious in her words. Which is probably why she has my permission to advise me in the first place. So, I am practicing saying it myself. It is my moral imperative to become the person I want others to be. How wonderful am I here, anyway!

No comments: