"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The answer to No. 43 is C. No, A. No, oh hell...

I have now taken my first test, and the teacher lied. She said she would only cover what she covered in class, and then threw in some questions on the endocrine system anyway. I am pretty sure I got all those right. In fact, I am 99% sure of all the questions, except No. 43, which she said she covered in class, but neither my test partner nor I remember anything about it in our notes, and I went back to check, afterward, and I think this is a brain-fart on the part of our 62 year old teacher, bless her soul. Also, she said 89 questions, and there were 98. Oh, well, most were pretty easy, and the few we were tripped up on, one or the other of us remembered. There were only a couple that neither of us were certain about. This was a chapter about neurons and neurotransmitters and brain parts/functions and heredity, little things like that. It was complex and there was a lot of material to assimilate, and a good test of my ability to retain what I studied. Also a good test of my method of studying that I instituted: read through the chapter, then outline it, in sections, with rests in between to eat or go for a walk, or just do anything else but think about it. Then read through again, the next day. I referred to my outline this morning, but did not study any more last night, when the test was put off for another day. I am heartened. My neural pathways are intact, and I can train them to learn, again. So, on to the next step, an appointment with a counselor to map out my curriculum for fall. I am off the launching pad here!

No comments: