"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, June 11, 2005

I think my computer just farted, again.

Remember when we were smarter than our machines? I mean, my car does some very interesting things, like all the doors lock 30 seconds after I turn on the key. And when I press the gizmo to open the doors, the inside light goes on, very handy when I am out in the boonies, at night, as I often am. And while it gives this polite little dingdingding if I neglect to fasten the seatbelt before starting the engine, it will eventually swear at me with that dinger if I don't do it till I get on the road. Well, the computer now also has my best interests at heart and is constantly reminding me to upgrade my virus protection, etc. Little windows pop-up at the most irritating times. Recently there was a balloon message from my toolbar saying that there were 17 upgrades ready to be loaded. I ignored it, until this big window rose up like Venus from the sea, with a noise better suited to announce the Second Coming and scared the you-know-what out of me as I noodled around in my mahjohnng game, so I did it, I upgraded. And after it restarted itself, rather rudely, I must say, my wallpaper came up, without my desktop. I knew it, I knew those upgrades were going to be trouble. I don't know how I got my desktop back, I just kept playing around with it and there it was again. I do like the new look of my media player, and now my firewall is installed, whoopee. I hope that is all for a while. My heart cannot take another pronouncement of impending doom.

No comments: