"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Free at last!

Ah, the wonders of retirement. I have been retired now for 14 1/2 hours, 9 of which I slept, so I am not an expert at it, yet. This is a lot like getting out of school for the summer, and isn't it interesting that it is occurring right at that time. My birthday is June 8, and it always came right at the summer break, in fact, our high school class graduated on my 18th birthday. For many years, I thought I was a summer baby, but a glance at the calendar would have told me summer doesn't start till the 21st, so I was born in the springtime. June is a wonderful time to be born. It is halfway to Christmas, so there is never a dearth of presents. My flower is the rose and my birthstone is the pearl. I have lots of both of those in my life at this moment. I am taking in to Costco another disk of flower pictures that I took of the roses in our garden. They make nifty enlargements for less that $3. I am thinking I will have a show someday, somewhere, so I need to get these babies printed up and framed. Gee, this entry has gone all over the place. Stream of consciousness kind of day, I guess. Or maybe I just need to finish my first cup of coffee before sitting down to write. You think?

No comments: