"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, June 17, 2005

A whole day of seredipity, whee!

Report from that little old college student, me! I got my first paper back, a review of the first film we saw, "The Mind", a Discovery Channel production. She loved it! Well, I do love to write, and she saw that. Also, she announced that the bookstore had the syllabus they were out of when I bought that very expensive textbook. This was a full week ahead of schedule. Cool. It was raining, and the bookstore was a healthy hike away. I decided I could wait. But sitting at the stoplight, I said to myself, now, you really need to review that thing, so I turned into the main campus. No parking. Unfazed, I took a second loop through, and there it was, as close as I could get to Pioneer Hall. While I was paying for my syllabus and scantrons and super-duper art eraser to correct any booboos on my tests, I asked about returning the first set of textbooks, and found that it was the last day to get refunds. Well, that was fortuitous. So I went home, bagged them up and went back. No receipt. Bummer. I prayed to St. Jude all the way home to help me find that damned receipt. I have a folder called "Misc." where everything ends up. After plowing through volumes of sales tags from Costco, Trader Joes, Raleys, Payless Shoe Source, Target, there it was! And I also found a $20 bill I had wadded inside a Safeway receipt. I would never have found it if it had not been really important to get my $51.30 back.
The whole scenario was as unlikely as they get, and so many things had to fall exactly into place for me to wind up feeling truly blessed. Of course, I could be a little more mindful, and not throw money into the filing cabinet any more. But it was as if that lonely little $20 bill was crying out to be found. So I am oozing gratitude from every pore. Thank you, Universe!

No comments: