"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Always good to be reminded...


It is good to remember that this whole shebang is temporary. I watched the final lecture from Dr. Randy Pausch on UTube today. Young, vital human being. He is dead now, of pancreatic cancer. He took his disease as an opportunity to remind us all to live. Now. And to do it with dignity, integrity, and lots and lots of FUN! That was not part of my upbringing. Life was a serious business. All you were supposed to live for was hard work for a decent wage. Rewards came after this life. A long time ago I decided that was nutso. A balanced life, and that is my aim here, to become balanced, includes some work AND some play, hopefully on a daily basis. And if I can find an occupation that affords me BOTH, wow, I've got it made in the shade. And I am there! Finally! I love creating, the process of conceptualizing, executing and realizing a piece of art, which is, after all, just a little piece of my soul made material. Randy spoke of gratitude, and forgiveness, two things that are huge in my life. It is a gorgeous day. I am going out into it, and with every breath, I am going to live. Now.

No comments: