"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Like a wheel, it goes round, round, round...


And here we go again. It is Art for Life weekend. I took this little ditty in on Wednesday morning, picked up my tickets and a catalog. Now convinced this painting is crap, worthy of throwing rotten stuff at it. My reasoning was sound in selecting it, honestly. There has always been an affinity to pear paintings in the twelve years I have been attending this event. And I did this as a psuedo-homage to Cezanne, my hero, skewed the perspective, painted loosely, bright colors. How could I go wrong? Answer: easily. Will there ever be a day when I can just let sleeping paintings lie? Don't think so. And, in case anyone was wondering, the cupcakes are back! Yes, those little yummy things that yielded $22 per square inch last year have returned to wow the masses. Oh, hell. What was I thinking, anyway? Well, nice reception, fun time with other artists who are there to be seen, just like me, funny-looking rich people in interesting fashion statements searching for bargains, poignant moment of silence for all the county's victims of AIDS since the beginning of its outbreak here, great door prizes, Sisters of Perpetual Indulgance serving hors d'ouevres, and tax-deductible donation. Okay, I'm over it. Just don't say anything disparaging. I am a tender little (artistic) soul.

No comments: