"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Way outside the comfort zone here...


Let's take a moment to reflect on the sweetness of staying inside the comfort zone. For me, that's crawling into my bed with the 3" memory foam topper and fluffy Egyptian cotton mattress cover and the four billowy pillows, with a couple of warm puppies and a cool Wally Lamb novel at 8 PM. Not very exciting, but really sweet. Outside the zone is taking one of my concepts from its niche in the studio and hanging it in public with a for sale sign on it, then showing up to proclaim that I am the artist who rendered it. I was kind of disappointed to find my painting tucked away in a little corner last year. Now I am terrified to find it in a position of prominence this year. Okay, never going to be happy, not if I live another hundred years. But I am willing to push the envelope a lot here, see what happens. If I don't, I will never know, will I. What happens, I mean. More later.

No comments: