"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My days are numbered...


Remember Atlas Shrugged, when Eddie Willis looked up at the big calendar and realized the powers that be were numbering the days? My life is full of numbers. My age (65), my height (69 inches), my weight (150 this morning, yippee). Then there is my address, my phone number, my zip code, my area code, my credit card number(s), my social security number,driver's license number, former addresses (boatloads of them), grade point average, student ID number, Medicare number, health insurance number, bank account number, HELP! I am just lucky the gray cells are still perking, otherwise I would sink into a mire of numbers and never be seen again! Some of these numbers are 16 digits long, more than I can dredge up out of the murk. But I do know my student ID number by heart, ditto my driver's license number, and my bank account number. If I didn't, I would be in terrible straits, because I would never be able to remember where I wrote them down.

No comments: