"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Slipping the surly bonds...


Ah. I did my swim today. Sunday is the best day, there are fewer lap swimmers. I shared my lane with this dear man, Red, in his eighties. The years have bent Red over on dry land, but in the water he is like a humpback whale. He actually swims slower than I! We are happy lane partners. I like to swim on my back a lot, and look up, realizing that behind that blue veil, the universe is wheeling. I float a lot better at 65 than I did at 15. Probably because I have accumulated a greater percentage of fat over these many years. In fact, it was hard to get under the water at all, in the beginning. It's better now that I am slimmer. It was hard to get out today, but the day called me. Little picnic and trip to the dogpark this afternoon, then I decided the dogs should get some dunking, too. Both got a bath, Pickle first. She hated it. Boo tolerates it, and afterward, they were like puppies together. Me, too.

No comments: