"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, August 10, 2009

The many faces of blue...


Blue is my favorite color. It is sky, ocean, small winged things. And it is a mood, a musical statement, the robe of the Virgin. I am steeped in it at the moment, both sad and at peace inside. It has taken me a hell of a long time to become who I am. I don't apologize for it to many people. Just my family, who don't like me the way I am, and have tried mightily to change me all my life. It hasn't worked very well for any of us. Blue is in my box, for sure. Along with joy, and acceptance, and surrender, and humility, and gratitude. I think I will take my blue self out to the library today, and to the swimming pool, and maybe a sojourn to the used bookstore. The blue will never go away, you know. It is always running in the background. Wounds may heal, but scars are forever.

No comments: