"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The sweet smell of validation...


The cowwoman sold her painting at the silent auction today. Once again, it was just as the section was closing, very dramatic. And the buyer was a member of the board of Face to Face, to boot! Art is such a subjective thing, you know. And there certainly was a gamut of styles to choose from today. Beautiful prints on silk fabric, edgy abstracts, quirky artistic jokes. I just loved this Buddha with bull horns, and a pair of luscious figurines in flowing silver robes. Mylette Welch, one of my favorite artists, rendered a Boston terrier with Big Boy, the burger kid. A lot of pieces did not sell, or had not when we left, which we did as soon as my piece was snapped up. The economy has made everyone twitchy, it seems. But donated wines flowed, and everyone seemed pretty happy. I was thrilled with the Pelligrino, myself. Anyhow, it was a successful day, and the Zen Pair are sent off to live in their new digs, Face to Face got a $200 donation, and I got to be a real artist for the day. What joy!

No comments: