"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beautiful day in the neighborhood...


Spring has at last sprung. Mild and sunny, with nice cooling breeze, perfect weather for a walk, yet here I am, still in my ballet flats from my morning sojourn out to my meeting, shopping, and otherwise being my public self. Have been diddling away at this image, and what was I thinking, anyway? Water! Well, it is coming up, and strange as it may seem, I always see more from a photo than I can from the actual piece, and I have some ideas now how to render it. Not unhappy, so far. Amazing birds, herons. In case you don't know, I am having a whole lot of fun with this medium. Today, I picked up a set of inexpensive, student quality pastels to use in underpainting. The wondrous Sennelier sticks will finish the job, and hopefully not evaporate quite so quickly. Cowwoman is a little short, since the IRS noticed the little error I made on my return this year. Well, I got to keep that $270 for a couple more months, anyway. May be time to market myself, make some extra $$$.

No comments: