"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Mother, child...


I suppose that Nature knows what She is doing, and mothers just naturally take care of young ones. Unless, of course, they are human mothers, then, despite our huge pre-frontal brain, the one that makes us so much more superior than, say, this tern, we are clueless how to take care of our babies. Doctors write books. Mothers read them. Doctors are wrong, sometimes. Babies grow up all bent when they were meant to be straight and strong. Okay, I sound a little bitter today. It is the day before my birthday, which was the day my appearance disappointed everyone because I was not a male heir, but a tiny peanut of a girl, who grew up to be a tall, meaty German/Scots/Irish gal, very smart but terribly conflicted. Couldn't stay in any of my marriages. Somehow, I kept changing. Still doing that today, will never be static, not as long as I draw breath and stand vertically. Hope that is no longer a disappointment. The old guard is now happy to see me. That is new, actually. And long awaited, too. I feel more like the baby bird than the majestic mother most of the time. At least, I am capable now of imagining being the angelic mother sometimes. Took a lot of healing to get that far. And 67 years on the Big Blue Ball.

No comments: