"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gratitude on a sullen Sunday...


Summer arrived with a vengeance today, two days early according to my calendar. The thermometer is in triple digits, about 30 degrees over yesterday. Gee, that was fast! Especially since we really haven't even seen spring yet. It kind of missed us this year. Well, I keep doing what I do. Went over to see my folks for Father's Day. Took them a pie. Hell, I have bought a thousand shirts, hundreds of golf balls (he's 91, not doing that now), a ton of See's Candies and innumerable bottles of Bailey's and Korbel Brandy. A chocolate pie is probably a good idea, yes? They can both enjoy it, if, at their advanced age, they can enjoy anything. My brother came by at the same time, and I got to watch as my dad shot down the Giants, knowing how fanatical my brother is about them. Nothing has changed there. He used to do the same thing to me about the 49ers. Strange people, my folks. Nevertheless, despite heat and my bizarre relatives, I am full of gratitude today. I think I have solved my shoe dilemma re little kiddo's upcoming wedding - shoe ornaments for my silver ballet flats! It is a garden wedding, and heels are not a good idea on the lawn, or for long periods of standing, either. I'll just dress up these little sweethearts a bit, and I am good to go. I went to my usual 2 PM Sunday meeting, heard an inspirational speaker, and cruised by In and Out for dinner. Now comfortably full of hamburger without onions, fries, and chocolate shake, $5.69. Also, a diet root beer. Life is good. New painting coming up just fine, with help from new pigments I got yesterday at Dick Blick. Pretty happy here. Oh, and I ran into my cousin playing the piano at a local shopping center. Hadn't seen him in decades. He recognized me! I must be doing something right.

No comments: