"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Home is the cowwoman, home from the netherworld of the peninsula...


Well, it rained yesterday. And I had this new white linen outfit, very loose and flowy, very springy, all picked out to wear to my daughter and son-in-law-to-bes' couple's shower two hours south of here. My shoe choice was little flowery white thongs. Definitely, they were out. So I bought new shoes, silver ballet flats, to keep my toes dry, and wore my new clothes anyway. To break up my drive, I stopped at the upscale shopping center halfway through my trip to check out Anthropologie because they sent me a 15% off coupon for the whole month of June, my birthday month. I really stuck out there in my white linen. I just plowed forth like a sleek ocean liner amongst the freighters in their dark, winter garb. Usually, I am the one in the right season while everyone else errs. Yesterday, that was problematical. I arrived early, and there were no other cars present, so I backtracked to the corner shopping center and bought a book at CVS, a Jonathan Kellerman I have not read, and would like to, even if I were not caught without a book and 45 minutes to wait, so it was not a loss, no, not at all. At 15 minutes before the appointed hour, I pulled up at the same time as daughter and her guy, and my ex and his gal. It had stopped raining, which was propitious as my gift was this big basket full of linens and goodies, and it would have been impossible to juggle it, an umbrella, and the 30 lb. purse I think I need to carry. Despite meeting up with some of my ex-family, it was a delightful day. The crowning touch was that I had chosen off the registry for my gift, big fluffy white towels with tan stripes. I just thought sweetpot would like them. I bought them on Wednesday. And she told me that Friday, they registered for the same towels! Linens, it seems, are seasonal and one cannot register too soon for them. We are in tune, little kiddo and I. Sweet day. And it makes the wedding less daunting. Joy and sorrow live on different sides of the same coin, you know. And it flips rather easily for this little person.

No comments: