"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, June 06, 2011

Layers, and layers, and layers...


I never liked this work, just filed it on the bottom of the pile. Today, I made little folders out of the backs of a few paper pads, and sorted out the lemons for some reworking. Now, it kind of works, I think. It helped that I now have more pigments, thank you Riley Street for the nice sale. Cannot rely on mixing colors as much as I do with paint. Hell, I use only 6 or 7 pigments in both acrylic and oils these days. I can mix anything with a warm and cool red, blue, yellow, a white and a raw umber. Not so with these little sticks. Well, not so much, because I have done it, but pure pigment seems to be the way to go. Lusting after the full set of over 500 that Sennelier offers. When I have that here in the little yellow house, you will know I have sold something BIG.

No comments: