"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, June 24, 2011

Sew and Sew...


Discipline has never been my strong suit. Sigh. So I packed away the pastels. They were just too tempting, resting as they were on the kitchen counter, all lined up like happy little soldiers, just waiting to perform. My house has been turned upside down for months, with the sewing machine reigning over the kitchen where the dining table usually resides. It, too, waited patiently. I fired it up yesterday and whipped out three more 9 foot table runners for little kiddo's wedding on 7/30. This is actually an improvement over former behaviors. At this rate, I will be done before the end of next week, thus having a whole month left to put ME together. I have the dress, the wrap, the little purse to stuff full of Kleenex, even the jacket for evening, if necessary. All is good, if I plan on going barefoot. The search for shoes has been bleak. I need just the right thing, not too casual, not too dressy, not too high a heel, so I can negotiate lawn at the garden wedding. My dress is linen, very simple, lovely pale turquoise in color, so I have decided on silver shoes. The other day, I realized I have silver ballet flats. Perhaps I could order a sparkly ornament for them? That would temporarily dress them up, I would be comfortable and stable on all surfaces. Except that my pedi would not show. And I am proud of my pedi. Well, one has to sacrifice for children, n'est-ce pas? Like shackling myself to this machine till 16-18 runners are all stitched up. Really, it is a happy thing. And when it is done, I have promised myself I can lay an oil palette!

No comments: