"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The big picture...


What is the matter with the world? Does anyone but me wonder? Bartenders are responsible for drunk driving. Gun manufacturers are responsible for murder and mayhem. Whatever happened to individual responsibility? It happens that I have a picture of Jesus here on my desk. Some squeaky clean young women gave it to me the other day at the door, and I thought, hmmmm. This is a pretty dynamic Jesus, obviously nicely made beneath his white mantle, strong, handsome features. A blue-eyed, red-haired Jesus, probably the antithesis of the real thing. Most Jews are not colored like this. Anyhoo, I am not a Christian, but I greatly admire the teachings of this man, now that I am over the idea that he was so pristine in his person as to be the ultimate goodie-two-shoes. I have read about the life of the man Jesus, and know that he was pretty fallible, like the rest of us. Now, most of this country likes to appear pious. Certainly our leaders do. Geo W. loved to be seen with bowed head and closed eyes, fervent in his faith. And he was the man who approved the torture of others, for the sake of "national security". No wonder the rest of the unwashed masses think they can abbregate any fault in their actions. Here I am, the voice crying in the wilderness, saying "People, if you all took responsibility and acted with character and integrity, there would be no threat to our security, on any level!" It's all about FEAR, folks. Time to get enlightened, before we are all dead. There, I feel better.

No comments: