"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, July 24, 2009

The new, new one...


I had this dregs of a palette left after the three cows, so I toned a canvas yellow and started a new still life, a Cezanney kind of thing (he outlined stuff, you know, and stuff doesn't really have outlines in real life, now, does it). Yes, I know the compote is wonky. That is on purpose, it is the way Cezanne would have left it. I find it is a good idea to take a picture of the beginning of a piece, because if I pick to much at it, I can get it back to its original sweetness. Because paintings often seem very sweet in the beginning, sort of like infants, you know. And you probably can guess that I am still trying to find my style, that which says me all over. I like this kind of painting best, quick, instinctual pushing of the paint around. This may be the one, actually. Would that be so bad?

No comments: