"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Innermost me...


Happy to report there are very few of these little suckers floating around in my gray matter these days. Actually, the number approaches zero, because I confess my most dark and picayune thoughts to my AA sponsor, who quickly gives me absolution for my very human thought bubbles. It really was a tangled web, back in the dark ages of ME in life no. 1, the existence I lived before sobriety fell on me like a piano from the penthouse. There were as many versions of me as there were people in my life. Made it hard to be with more than one person at a time, and it was really fun keeping track of what each one expected me to be the next time we met up. Now, there is just one version, the new and improved ME, the WSYWIG woman. That's what-you-see-is-what-you-get for you uninitiated. And let me tell you, it is SOOOOO much easier to just be than it was to contort myself into whatever configuration I THOUGHT you wanted. If I am not good enough for you, well, so long, it's been good to know ya. Unless we are related, in which case, I am still genuine, with a few dandy come-backs to share, like "I'm sorry you feel that way" and "you might me right". Keeps me out of trouble (and in the truth of it) every time. Wisdom, sometimes it is just a coping mechanism, you know.

No comments: