"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, July 17, 2009

Doing what doesn't come naturally...


I REALLY didn't want to go to the pool today. After the fiasco of the evening lapswim, I took a day off to do my workout in the backyard courtesy of the lawn mower and yard waste can. After making the bed, checking the e-mail, eating my organic pumpkinseed/flaxseed granola, shopping at Costco for the goodies for tomorrow's meeting, getting gassed up, I eyed the Monet swimbag, sighed, and put myself on autopilot. That means I put my head down and just moved forward. My friend was there and we shared a MEDIUM lane because my SLOW lane already had two swimmers. So we got to talk as well as cheer each other on, and I did 35 minutes of more or less continuous laps, and came away feeling refreshed and virtuous. How wonderful! Just in case, I have packed the bag to throw into the car, so that if I feel like it, I can run by for a swim after the meeting. And Sunday, well that day's the best. No kids, not a one, and not many other swimmers, either. Lane all to myself. Quiet, just the sound of the water slapping up against me. Pants are looser, too. It's all good.

No comments: