"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

It's not easy being me, Opus 2


I used to think it was hard being me since I really didn't know who me was, what I was supposed to be didn't please those in power, so I was forced to be someone else, except when I got fed up and became a holy terror. Now, I am pretty sure I am okay, and those in power have fallen down to right size, and we are in a kind of personal detente about who I am. It's a don't-tell kind of thing. And truly, is it my parent's business who I am any more? My behavior keeps me out of the newspaper (and jail). What more could they want from me? True, I am not like them. This is more from choice than anything else. My ideals are more about what lies within than what is spread about me like a peacock's tail. I go out into the world clean and neat, after all. I even washed my car yesterday. And the front lawn is mowed. Appearances are all spiffed up, but only because I feel better when they are. What I do, I do for my personal satisfaction. Of course, I don't hurt you, either. After all, you are me, we are one. Why would I want to hurt me? And isn't it nice that, though I may be limited in some areas, there are those of you just waiting to help me out? Perhaps that is why we all have limitations, so we will ask for help. Hopefully, before royally screwing everything up. Yep. That's the rub.

No comments: