"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday morning musings, again...


Ever notice how many awful words begin with the letter D? Depression, desperation, divorce, desertion, dissipation, and of course, the Big Daddy of dreadful D words, DEATH. Which lead me to this little creation. What a delightful (and there's a diversion from deadly D words) invention, the deus ex machina. Humans mess everything up beyond imagination, and a god descends from heaven to set it all straight. I need one of those. It has become hard to get up, again. If not for the dogs (that's the most wonderful D word, n'est-ce pas?), I would still be in bed today. We are headed toward noon here, and not a shred of sunlight. The #$&$@* marine layer is just sitting there, pressing down on us. Must find something good about this. Like I can mow the lawn without sweating. No, that's not good enough. Well, I could curl up on the couch with my current mystery novel from the library, a cup of International coffee, and a couple of warm puppies, put on one of the movies I recorded on my DVR, and just BE. Now that sounds good. I could defrost (another dandy D word) the green pea soup I made on another gray day. Yes, that would do it.

No comments: