"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My condition...


How am I today? Simple question for highly complex individual. Complexity albeit from my own bizarre little perspective. But I still have to ask my self that question everyday, because that is the only chance I have of changing it if it is not what I want. If I make it myself, why would I not make it sweet? Why would I nail myself to my very well-worn cross, again? Easy to answer - that is what I am used to, and old habits hang in there. Shifts in perspective are harder to come by when I am sitting here, in my little yellow house, all alone (well, Boo/Pickle/Sunny are here, but so far have no opinions to offer). So I put on my big girl panties and go out into the world, to see what others are dragging around behind them. I look and I listen, whether at an AA meeting, or at the pool, or at Safeway, or at the Canine Companions fund raiser, or at the movies. Other people are great teachers. One couple was having this argument in the Costco parking lot the other morning. "Well," she said. "If you'd told me you weren't going to use it, I could have ...", the rest faded away. He barked back at her. Sounded pretty unimportant, and pretty typical for this couple. They don't know what I know; our troubles are of our own making! And right there, before I even got into the door at Costco, a religious experience of its own, I had my spiritual epiphany for the day! So, I am shifting gears here, away from the muscle I pulled yesterday swimming and to the wonderful al fresco meeting I will be attending at noon while I rest it from the pool for a day. It's all good, if I decide it is. And that's perspective.

No comments: