"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, July 04, 2009

You've got to be kidding...


I am sitting in the middle of stereophonic lawnmower, hedge trimmer, weed whacker, or leaf blower sounds. And on top of that, there is something running that sounds like a dental drill on steroids. Come on, people! It's a goddamn HOLIDAY! Okay, 4th of July is not known for silence, but even I know better than to fire up the Craftsman on a Saturday holiday! Oh, good, they quit. Now someone is raking their concrete. Makes my teeth hurt. And, funnily enough, I was regaling a friend I ran into at Safeway, where I was getting the drinks for a barbeque I will be attending later, about the cacophony that is my life here in this sweet neighborhood, and he was gloating that he abides in sweet silence out in his gated, senior only community. I was so astounded, I drove my cart past the magic marker line, and it locked up before I could turn the corner to my car, and wasn't I lucky to have him there to help me schlepp all those heavy cartons of soda and water into my trunk. Then I come home and it is so noisy, I have to close the doors and windows to this lovely day. Okay, enough whining for the day. I'm off to schmooze with friends and get all weepy and patriotic.

No comments: