"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Autumn in watercolor class...


What better subject for this medium than leaves? They are non-specific in color, especially this time of year. In fact, except for the first one I laid down, they were all pretty much still green. I livened them up a little here and there, and everywhere. Then I put in some of the chestnuts and shells that a friend brought me. Because they screamed of autumn, too. Okay, it's not my most exciting image. But I got pretty excited about it because I got the paint to behave most of the time, and I could get a likeness of my objects with a peculiar ease (and a sprinkling of salt here and there). It was an exercise in patience, not my most abundant attribute. Nothing ran together and made a puddle. That alone makes it a triumph!

No comments: