"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, October 09, 2009

Falling...


My favorite season has arrived. The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and there is a whole bunch of interesting, cerebral movies coming to the smart people's theatre here in town. Today, we saw The Invention of Lying, a Ricky Gervais conception, and what a sweet, fertile little mind this guy has. I revisited some thoughts I had earlier, like last month, about the value of a little prevarication and restraint. Tact, I think it is called. And without some fibbing, honesty is brutal and wounding. It was a low-key, totally thought-provoking little film, sweetly conceived, tenderly acted, nothing big or blockbuster, just a semi-precious gem among those bloody, loud and over the top Hollywood movie extravaganzas, the cowwoman's favorite kind of entertainment. So I came home feeling like I had been inspired in a different way. Sometimes, it's just better to lie. Imagine that.

No comments: