"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, October 16, 2009

The return of the weinie workout...


Cowwoman bit the bullet and joined a gym. It became clear I was not up to swimming out of doors in the fall. Winter wasn't looking too good, either. And all the good work I have done, restricting my diet and getting nice and toned up, was about to go south what with creamy soups and steaming chili on the horizon. So I found a place that has a lap pool! And for $5 less a month than I was spending on lap swimming, I can not only swim indoors, but have a hot tub or steambath or sauna afterward! And do some resistance training, take a yoga class or learn pilates! And the folks that hang around this gym look a lot like me, kind of old, kind of out of shape, just huffing and puffing away, trying to defy gravity. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to look like Christie Turlington (she is 40, by the way, and amazing looking). I just want to be firm and not gain back all that weight I so righteously lost. I want to eat anything I want (well, within reason). Ice cream! I haven't had any ice cream in AGES! I figure a week of swimming, lifting weights and a yoga class, I will have earned some Vanilla Swiss Almond.

No comments: