"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wherever I am, there I am...


Most mornings, I get out my industrial strength blowdryer to arrange my admittedly very short do. When my hair is this short, it is not a matter of curling or straightening, but of management of hair bumps and valleys. So, even if I did not wash my hair that day, I get it all wet and mess it all up, and turn on the wind tunnel. Now, before I can turn it on, I have to plug it in. This very small appliance has a monster plug on it, with red and white switches. I guess it is kind of a circuit breaker thingie for multi-taskers like me who think that blowing their hair while bathing will save some time. So, while I am grateful the manufacturers have thought of this possibility and thus saved my life, I wish they had thought to put an arrow to indicate which way to plug it in. My car has an arrow to remind me what side the gas tank is on. I forget to look at it a lot of the time, and sometimes have to move to another pump when the hose will not reach over the car, but it is there if I did decide to look. But, back to that damned plug; I always seem to try to put it in upside down. Wouldn't you think that it could just as easily be the other way around? Like I could be RIGHT most of the time, instead of wrong? I decided that this is HP's way of reminding me to SLOW DOWN. Life is not a race. It is not even an endurance contest. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Hopefully, not while drying my hair.

No comments: