"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, October 26, 2009

Starting over, again...


This is one of my favorite things about recovery; it is never too late to start over. Spiritual advice from Dory, in Finding Nemo - "just keep swimming, just keep swimming". So, I went to the gym at 10 AM this morning. Not early enough, I found out when I finished the weenie workout. Lots of folks in pool doing strange things with floaty devices, only one lap lane open, and big guy churning away. So I went into hot tub first, which makes getting into the pool a religious experience. It only hurts for a minute. Being so righteous deserves some reward, so the eating plan is history. On my shopping trip yesterday, I noticed that HaagenDazs was on sale, 2 for $6, so into the cart went Vanilla Swiss Almond, and Cherry Vanilla, my two all-time faves. Very happy to dig in, eating 1/4 of carton at a time, only 250-300 extra calories, which means intake is up to 1,500-1,700 a day, and I should be able to maintain my current slim self at that level. If not, well, I can always start over, again. But not until the ice cream is gone.

No comments: