"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Well, I'll be a dirty (downward-facing) dog!


The cowwoman is humble enough to know when she doesn't know anything, but arrogant enough to want to look like she knows what she is doing. So, I showed up at yoga class yesterday with my brand new mat, in my Birks which are easy to slip off because I just bet they do yoga stuff barefoot. I wore the right outfit, that was good. I spread out that mat and did what everyone else was doing, stretching or sitting cross-legged and meditating. I did a little of both. Then the instructor arrived, and I found that I had set my mat in the front of the class. Too late to move, I just kind of hung in there, being careful to be careful, because I hurt my knee doing yoga before. We had a great instructor who explained how that could happen and made sure we kept both feet pointing in the right direction for the upright warrior pose. Some of the poses were really tough. I am not a person who bows well. And chair, well, without one, my body really wants to just sit down, plop. I did manage them all, some better than others, and finished the whole routine. I felt a little shaky, and kind of nauseous, which I think came from breathing in the fumes from the mat. I rose undaunted, however, and ready to tackle this class again, probably with a different mat, if I can find one less odiferous. And, because I was so good, I got to eat pumpkin pie yesterday, and today, and for the next week. The eating plan is in the closet for a while. How sweet that is!

No comments: