"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oh, dear, this is hard!


As you can see, we are doing watercolor portraits. Or maybe you can't see that, what can I say? We looked at a lot of artist's work in this particular discipline, and some were really good at this, getting delicate images of children and their pets. Others were edgy as hell, just letting it all spit out on the paper. Well, that's me, folks. I would not choose this medium for a portrait, anyway. Oils are easier to manipulate and express the nuance of the face. But I will be doing a couple more this weekend for homework, one a self-portrait, and maybe it will get easier, and better. Now, I am not altogether unhappy with this effort, now that I see it again. It captured the essence of the subjects, migrant farm workers. The guy on the right was hella-pissed off, and I think I captured that. And don't you just love the Playboy baseball cap? Messy, but that's my trademark! And it's not only okay, it is prized in some instances. Well, maybe not this one, but gee, it could be, don't you think?

No comments: