"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, January 29, 2011

And now, for the very last time, I hope...


I took my first efforts in pastels in to my class this Thursday, because I really value the opinion of this teacher, marvelous artist that she is, and bless her heart, she told me she thought them all very successful. And then she mentioned that there wasn't a lot of value contrast. Well, no, there wasn't. The book I have been working out of didn't have many darks and lights in the examples, and pedantic little person that I am, I just did what he did. And, truth be told, I was not that happy with the outcome, either. So I got really brave and heavy-handed and voila! It is all about color, anyway, so why be all weak-hearted when one can be absolutely audacious. Feels better already.

No comments: