"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, January 17, 2011

Please pass the hubris...


Every time I sit down and something recognizable comes out of my hand and mind onto the support, be it canvas or watercolor paper or just a page of the sketchbook, like this one, I get all excited and full of myself. Then I remember, oh, this is just something that was included in the unique soup recipe that is me, one of the gifts, like love of words and a never-ending curiosity that keeps me buried in reference books and searching for more and better ways to be me. I did notice that other artists like to display their sketchbooks, though. I never thought to immortalize these images. They are just little doodles I worked up while watching my soap opera, actually. We Geminis are loathe to do just one thing at a time. And a day without a doodle just is not worth living. I have been doodle-deprived for a while. I actually filled up this sketchbook ages ago, and started another, that I am less proud of. Well, saints alive! Riley Street, our local art supply store, otherwise known as my Mecca, is having its bi-annual beginning-of-the-semester sale, so I can pick up a couple new, spiffy sketchbooks, and begin another one. Oh, joy! Art. It is so healing. Yes, I am better today. Waiting for results of tests, and hoping this lasts, so I can travel out to the library, the bank, and Riley Street.

No comments: