"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The times, they are a'changing.


I changed the angel picture after looking in the step-by-step art book, which I should have done in the beginning. I just get all excited and barge into a composition, then work like a fiend to fix it later. Never mind, pastels are a forgiving medium, and with the help of my handy dandy spray bottle of fixative, I can lay layer upon layer onto the paper. The process has taught me a lot about the various textures one can achieve, too. Happier than I was in the beginning, but still thinking it needs work. And did I mention that I channel-surfed the other night and caught Daniel Pink's program on PBS, all about how the right brain is eclipsing the left in our society these days? This is because while prosperity has increased here in the good old USA (current slump notwithstanding), satisfaction levels have not, meaning the product of all that left brain scrambling about for money and things and power and prestige have not done it for most of us, especially the baby boomers, who are now in the September of their lives here on the Big Blue Ball, and totally surprised to find that the American Dream is a bust. Yes, so we are all now learning that happiness lies within, and a great way to access that is to be a creative, spiritually awake person. Okay, Daniel is not that woowoo, but he is on the right track. Design is one thing he asks us to notice. That is amazing in itself, because it is all around us, everywhere: milk cartons, automobile logos, hell, automobiles! Creativity rules! Doing my best to contribute, myself.

No comments: